Information days are an opportunity to gain an insight into what it’s like to work for the NHS.
Organised by employers, attending an information day is an opportunity for you to:
- find out more about the NHS and its partners
- learn about the wide range of jobs that are available
- find out about training opportunities and work placements available within organisations
- ask questions about recruitment processes within the NHS
- get advice on demonstrating how military skills and experience transfer to NHS jobs
- speak directly to employers to build relationships within the NHS
- network with other members of the Armed Forces community
- connect with other members of the Armed Forces community working in NHS
- organisations who have the experience of making the transition from military life to civilian employment.
Some organisations will offer information days that are tailored to a specific career within the NHS. Many days also offer a more general insight into the NHS and showcase a number of roles and departments.